Steel Valley - Heritage Trails Network
Project Assessment Criteria
Project aims to be met
- To increase people’s understanding of the local environment, countryside and heritage.
- To engender a sense of pride for the local environment, countryside and heritage.
- To develop safe, connected routes matched to local transport initiatives.
- To improve access points and appropriate signage in line with the CROW Act, where possible.
- To create safe, usable trails for all ability users, in accordance with the DDA.
- To integrate parks, woodlands, nature reserves and moors into the area's path network.
- To provide short, circular routes to promote healthy living activities.
- To build the confidence of and opportunities for path users through education and community liaison.
- To promote the trails network through publications, city wide.
- To improve path furniture, surfaces and environmental management to meet type and need.
- To extend the network of easygoing trails.
- To improve paths to a low-maintenance standard, safe to use and free from obstruction.
- To work together with a variety of groups to better focus path provision and reduce conflict.
- To identify user patterns, problems and desires.
- To install or improve interpretational signage to facilitate path use awareness.
- To consult a variety of groups to improve and enhance path networks links with pre-existing networks.
- To identify and promote multi-user routes.
- To engage the local service infrastructure into the path network.
Measurable project aims
- To increase activities within the countryside.
- To increase the number of people accessing and using the countryside.
- To gain a better understanding of why people visit the countryside.
- To engage people within the objectives of the project and gauge opinion of the suitability and interest within the path network.
©The Steel Valley Project
ARC, Manchester Road, Stocksbridge, S36 2DT
Telephone 0114 - 2830880
Fax - 0114 - 2831117
Companies House Registration Number 4394953
Charities Registration Number 1095510